It’s a long-held tradition on Savile Row not to reveal personal details about the gentlemen and ladies who frequent the street’s tailors. The customer-tailor relationship is one built on trust and as such your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We always strive to manage your personal information with integrity and respect.
We are committed to:
- Being transparent about data management
- Simplifying our policies and making your choices clear
- Making sure you are in control of your own data
We store your personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it and aim for full transparency on how we gather, use and share your personal information.
- Our website
- Social Media
This also relates to any information that you provide to us in person, for example in store, at trade shows, by email, phone or SMS and other correspondence.
- What information we may collect about you
- How we will use the information we collect about you
- When we will use your details to contact you
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding information that you provide to us
Naturally, we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and while we take every possible effort to safeguard this you should be aware that no website can be completely secure, therefore if you have concerns that your account could have been compromised please contact us immediately.
If you feel we have not been able to deal with your concerns or you have a complaint, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner, which you can do by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) directly, or through their website – www.ico.org.uk
WHO WE ARE
Norton & Sons is a Savile Row Bespoke Tailor, established in 1821 by Walter Norton. We make handmade garments on Savile Row in our own workrooms at 16 Savile Row using the finest cloths in the world woven in the UK.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you sign up to our online services to create a client profile or online content, such as our newsletters, on the telephone or email us we may receive personal information about you. This may include information such as your name, gender, email address, telephone or mobile number and postal and billing addresses.
We use the details we collect to help make your online shopping experience at Norton & sons as simple and enjoyable as possible. They allow us to keep track of our customers internally and develop our online collection in accordance with what our customers are looking for.
From time to time we may also use your personal information to contact you with news and promotions at Norton & sons that we feel might be of interest to you.
We use your personal information in a number of ways to enhance the service we provide to you.
The details we collect are:
- Your name: so we know what we should call you.
- Your email address: so we can inform you of changes or delays to your order, and also keep in touch with you as a member of the extended Norton & Sons family.
- Your card billing address: so we can validate your payment and make sure no one is fraudulently using your card.
- Your delivery address: so we know where to send the Norton & sons products you order.
- Your telephone number: so we can call you should we have any questions about your order.
- Your card details: these are only taken when you place an order and are processed via Sage Pay’s secure server.
We may analyse the information you supply and your activity on our site so that we can offer a more relevant tailored service. If you are signed in to our services or have subscribed to our email updates and newsletters you will receive a personalised service. If you no longer wish to receive this, you may unsubscribe at any time.
We may use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to establish number of visits from geographical regions.
If you have registered your profile on our site, you may update your preferences on your account at any time. You have the right to delete this account whenever you wish.
Your data is stored on our cloud-based servers behind a firewall.
When you purchase from nortonandsons.co.uk, transactions are processed through Sage Pay (payment gateway) which stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After it is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
WHEN WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
You may be contacted by us for the following reasons
- In response to correspondence we receive from you or any comments or complaints about our services.
- Regarding any content you have submitted to us for publication including newsletters, special offers and promotions.
- In relation to any query you have made
- In order to ensure that we can deliver your service for example to verify your email address when you register for an account or to help reset your password.
- For marketing purposes
CONTACT FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you via our services where you have agreed to this. We may personalise the message contact based on information you have supplied to us and your use of the services. We provide regular and ad-hoc newsletters and email updates.
We may also use your personal information to show you relevant advertising on third party websites, for example Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We will only hold your personal information on our system for as long as necessary to maintain your account. If you wish to delete your account, we will ensure your personal information is deleted immediately and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
Under certain circumstances you have the right by law to:
- Request access to personal data;
- Request collection of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data; and
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party
HOW CAN I DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may delete your data by closing your account with us. If you no longer wish to keep your account, please email email@example.com
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME?
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Naturally we need to make sure that it’s you making the request so we’ll need two items of identification from you; these could be any of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Utility Bill (no more than 3 months old)
- Bank Statement (no more than 3 months old)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text file which a website sends to your computer. A bit like a computer’s calling card, they allow web sites to recognise past users and display relevant information (for example your name and order history). Cookies allow users to easily navigate the Norton & sons website and web shop and add and remove basket items without having to constantly log back in again.
Cookies cannot be used to spread viruses, or access other personal information stored on your hard drive. They only transfer as much information as you yourself have disclosed on our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
From time to time our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, it must be noted that we do not have any control over the other website. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement. We advise you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If we make any significant changes to this policy, for instance how we use your personal information, we will notify you by email.
If you have any queries about this policy, please get in touch with us
Data Protection Request
Norton & sons
16 Savile Row
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org